can effectively hide in your home for many months without being noticed. If this happens, you’ll likely find yourself dealing with a bigger infestation in the future. You need to find out how to make the bedbugs come out of hiding so you can determine what you’re dealing with. Bedbugs
tend to hide in cracks and crevices that you rarely touch and inspect. As a result, spotting them won’t be easy. Thankfully, there are ways to drive bedbugs out of hiding.
Below, you’ll find tips for forcing bedbugs
to come out of their hiding places.
Making Them Come Out Of Hiding
You have to do what you can to make bedbugs come out of hiding. For the best results, use the tips below.
- Bedbugs tend to stay hidden during the day. They’ll come out at night when you’re sleeping. To convince them to come out, you’ll want to make your room as dark as possible. Block your windows and make your room dark to convince the bedbugs it is night.
- You can also draw bedbugs out by using traps. These products tend to use heat and CO2 to force them out of hiding. Furthermore, these traps will contain and use glue to capture bedbugs. Using these products is a good way to capture and kill bedbugs in your home. Don’t forget to leave these traps on your bed for several hours to get rid of bedbugs in your home.
- Using a steamer serves two purposes. First and foremost, you can use the steamer to convince the bedbugs to come out of hiding. The bugs will approach the hot steam. Once they’ve done that, you can eradicate them by ensuring the steam contacts them. Bedbugs that encounter the hot steam will die immediately.
- You’ll want to learn more about the things that draw bedbugs out of hiding. These pests are attracted to heat and CO2. When they notice these two things nearby, they’ll approach the source. Doing so allow them to reach their food source and consume blood. Using CO2 traps can help identify a problem and get rid of them.
- Another thing to note is that you can find out about the bedbugs in your home by using your dryer. You’ll want to place your clothes in the dryer. Use the hottest temperature and let the clothes dry for 15 minutes or longer. Doing so will eliminate the bedbugs. Then, you’ll be able to find them in your dryer.
Using bedbug lures is another excellent way to identify a bedbug infestation in your home.
Other Ways To Lure Bedbugs Out Of Hiding
You’ll also want to use other techniques to lure bedbugs out of hiding. For instance, you’ll want to use bedbug lures and traps. These products will convince bedbugs to come out of hiding so you can trap and kill them. It is a good idea to contact an exterminator in your area. When you do, you’ll be able to take advantage of their lures and traps.